This is an ancient Chinese therapy that provides :-
- medical treatment in which fine needles are inserted though the skin and left briefly in position.
- A full assessment of the condition is essential to detemine whether acupuncture is an appropriate treatment.
How does Acupuncture work?
- It stimulates nerves in the skin & muscle producing a variety of effects.
- It increases the body's release of natural painkillers (endorphin & seratonin)
- This modifies the way pain signals are received.
- It produces an improved sense of well being.